Monday, May 08, 2006

What a Weekend

What an odd kind of weekend this past one was.

It started off nice with the arrival of my new computer. My best friend came up and we got it installed and then decided to go out for Cinco De Mayo. There is a rather large Mexican population in the town that I live so you can imagine that is was party central. Several of my neighbors are from Mexico so all my friend and I had to do was walk down my street and we hit several parties. Hell we didn't even make it to the end of the block. I couldn't tell ya what time I got home and what all happened. The tequila started flowing and all I remember is waking up on my couch Saturday morning with a killer hangover. Cinco De Mayo kicked my ass!!

Saturday I pretty much layed around feeling like crap. That afternoon was my daughter's 9th birthday party so I enjoyed that. I got her a new bike which was a big hit. After the party I went home took a quick nap and then got up and met some friends out. I was still feeling kind of crappy so I made it an early night. I rented a couple of movies and messed around on the computer. For the record Charlize Theron is hot, and even hotter in that tight black outfit, but Aeon Flux was kind of a pissy movie. It was 3am when I finished the movies and for whatever reason I was wired and could not sleep. So I put on a pot of coffee, an awesome Kona Blend, and sat on my front porch and watched the sun come up. It has ben a long time since I have seena sunrise. It is really an exhillarating experience and I recommend that everyone should try and do every once in awhile. Everything is so calm, quiet , and peaceful at that time of day.

Well anyways, I went to bed about 8am Sunday morning only to be rudely awakened by the ex at 10am. As you would expect I was not my usually charming self. It seem sthe ex was planning on taking the kids and a few of my daughter's friends on a bike ride. She wanted to borrow my vehicle as it can hold several bikes, and my daughter's bike needed some adjusting. No big deal I thought so I fixed the bike. In the mean time she starts nagging me about how I didnt help her plan the birthday party even though she told me she had everything covered so I told her I would pay for everything. It worked out fine and my daughter had a good time. So here I am on very little sleep still with a touch of bottle flu from Cinco De Mayo working on a bike with abot ten kids running around my yard and I pretty much told her to shut up and sent her on her merry way. In her temper tantrum she jumps into her car to move it, and runs overne of the kids bikes and demolishes it! Now stupid me, I thought that when you backed out of a driveway, you would take a gander in the rerview mirror. Now granted the kid should not have parked his bike in the driveway, but come on really.

Things just got crazy after that. Kids and parents all over the place. If I would have had some sort of automatic weapon I would have taken out the whole lot of them. I felt bad for the kid, so I ended up buying him a new bike and his parents were cool about it and they split the cost. They pack of wild 9 year olds eventually left for their bike trip , finally leaving with much deserved solitude. I spent the rest of the evening reading and enjoying the silence.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alan C. said...

Automatic weapons rule!!!

Obviously you need to get one.

May 08, 2006 11:29 AM  
Blogger WarHammer said...

Its on my wish list!

May 08, 2006 12:16 PM  
Blogger Alan C. said...

Hammer, you should most definitely get that College Degree!!!

Woot!!!

May 10, 2006 4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Respiratory Therapists

November 10, 2011 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home