Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Yep, She Loves Me

My dog Layla that is. Here she is:

Image hosting by Photobucket

She has been with me for the past 7 years. She was dumped when she was only about 5 weeks old, and I took her in, and as luck would have it she decided to adopt me. She is named of course for the great rock song from one of the greatest musicians in history one Eric Clapton. (I tried to name my oldest son Eric Clapton but my then wife vetoed it). Layla has been with me through the best and worst of times, and I think she is the only female that has ever truly understood me. She still gets really excited when I come home which is cool because not even my kids do that anymore!! Layla can read my emotions perfectly, and always know when I am having a bad day because she will come and put her head in my lap and look at me with her eyes as if saying "buck up camper things will get better". She is the only dog that I know that enjoys a good burrito as much as I do and she seems to have a passion for Bud Lite. She loves to sit on the couch with me and watch movies and baseball and doesnt mind my yelling and swearing when my teams loses. Its amazing how attached you can become to a pet. I know that I care about what happens to Layla more than I do for most members of my family. Ah tis true friendship...

2 Comments:

Blogger kitty ramone said...

i know what you mean. i used to feel the same about my ellie till she ran away. damn dog.

April 21, 2006 7:44 PM  
Blogger Grilled Cheese Samurai said...

I want a doggie... :(

April 21, 2006 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home