Monday, May 22, 2006

The Monday Blahs

Shit do I have a bad case of these. Mondays quite frankly simple blow. I had absolutely no desire to come into work today. If I can just make it through this week, I have a three day weekend coming up as it is Memorial Day weekend. If today is any indication of how this week is going to go, then I'm in trouble because today has been slow as hell.

The weekend was hectic as I had five, yep count them five, graduation parties to attend. That left me very little time for anything else. I can't complain though because after my epiphany Friday I have been on a pretty good high. Even though I did get a disloctaed knuckle out of the deal. Let me tell ya, having that puppy snapped back into place is a piss your pants kind of pain!! Thank God for Captain Morgan to help dull the ache!

I did manage to get out and see The Da Vinci Code on Saturday night. I was pretty disappointed in it. The book was so fast paced and entertaining yet the movie was slow and pretty boring at times. It was way too long as well. Up next is X3 though, and I am sure that will lift my cinematic spirits!

I have thrown myself back into one of my biggest passions, writing. I have written very little the last few months and I think It was because I have been surrounded by such negative energy. Now that I have started to clear that away the creative juices are starting to flow again so look out that you don't get any on ya! I have two short stories being reviewed by magazines as well as my first book. It is under submission as we speak. I will hopefully be hearing back some time in the next month or so. I am also trying to expand my writing repertoire by doing some film reviews. I am also going to try ny hand at doing some freelance work. I'm not sure how good I will be at that so I will have to see how it goes.

well I guess that is all for now. You are all dismissed.

6 Comments:

Blogger kitty ramone said...

the da vinci code sucked then? thats no good. but theres always x men! yay!

May 22, 2006 9:38 PM  
Blogger WarHammer said...

I wouldn't say that it sucked, but it was really disappointing especially Tom Hanks.

May 22, 2006 11:27 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

YAY! Good to hear you really are getting out of your rut.

May 23, 2006 7:33 AM  
Blogger Mephistopheles said...

I think I'm going to take my sister to see X-3 today as I don't have anything else planned.

May 28, 2006 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

June 08, 2006 8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

July 22, 2006 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home