Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I am only happy when it rains....

So it finally rained yesterday. Here in the Midwest there has been a pretty bad drought this year. Everything has turned brown and ugly. Yesterday, I watched from my office window as some dark clouds moved in and by lunch time they just let loose. It rained all day and night. It was as if the clouds had been storing the rain up all summer just for that day.

When I got home, I was able to sit on my front porch and just enjoy the beauty of the rain as it fell. The sky was that perfect shade of gray, and the rain came down steadily for hours. Every now and then a distant thunder clap would roll across the sky. It was almost perfect. I sat back relaxed and enjoyed a new cigar. It was the best that I have felt in awhile. It is amazing how a good rain can wash away the ugliness both physically and figuratively.

I decided right then that I was done feeling like shit, and feeling sorry for myself. I Am still mourning the loss of my friend. It gets real bad when I go to call him to see if he wants to do something, and then I remember that he is gone. That sucks, but I am done walking around like dead person myself. I need to get back to my old charming, witty, yet dreadfully cynical self.

That perfect rain yesterday reinvigrated me, and me feel so alive. Things have been fairly shitty lately, but that is done. God, I love the rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home