Tuesday, May 17, 2005

A Hangover Monologue

So as I was lying on my couch with a pretty good buzz going, watching the room spin and feeling my stomach turn I believe I hit upon a few moments of pure clarity. I met a girl last night, and had a pretty good time hanging out with her. We sat and had a few drinks and just talked while the music played in the background. Thats all it was, just a few moments of fun. Isn't that enough though? She gave me a smile after one particular witty comment that made me believe in all things good. I think the greatest misconception in this screwed up world of ours is the concept of love. Love is the most overrated ideal I have ever been apart of. Who decided what love is and how long it should last? People spend their whole lives looking for their soulmate or their one true love. It is the biggest waste of time. Their is simply no such thing. Why can't love last a moment, and hour, a day or whatever? It is the moment of here and now that is important. If you can find a happiness or a gratification in this moment then you are living. When that moment passes don't feel sorry for yourself, feel good that you were able to experience that moment, and then live the next moment. That is all life is anyway, a series of moments. Why not enjoy them? I don't need forever, I need right now. Everyone is afraid of death or dying. Thats crazy!! Everybody is going to die, that should be the excuse you need to live every moment because you have no idea what moment is your last. You can find bliss in any moment. I shared a great moment with this girl last night, and I will probably never see her again, and that does not bother me becuase I lived to the fullest in the moment we did share. Isn't that love at is purest form? I know some may read this and think I am a bitter person. They could not be more wrong. I am extremely happy in my own way. Sure I have a cyncal view of the world, but anyone close to may age (I'm 32) who grew up in the day and age that I did almost has to be cynical. That does not mean that I am wrong though. I look forward to the next moment I experience. Maybe more will happen or possibly less, but that does not matter because the experience of the moment is what is key. For Gods sake people live and love in the moment and for the moment because when you really get down to the guts of it the moment is all we have....until the next moment can be lived.

2 Comments:

Blogger Grilled Cheese Samurai said...

Love?

Ha.

Pass.

I tried love once, I found it...lacking. It will take a heck of a lot of something to make me ever want to try it again.

May 17, 2005 2:43 PM  
Blogger WarHammer said...

That was my point. Love does nopt have to be this grand emotional thing. For me it can be a n evening spent with someone. Its not some magical thing, it is just what ever makes you feel good at any given moment

May 17, 2005 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home